Thursday, October 13, 2011

I re-read my blog from last night, apologies for spelling mistakes, I was very tired I think I called Claude Francois by mistake too just in case you got confused.  Oh and in the one from 2 days ago when I talked about my success on the silks it should have said that I made it 3 feet up the silk but I was typing on a french keyboard and none of the numbers work unless you push the shift key first. Oh well, another lesson learned.

Okay so Francois has again thrashed me at chess, he assures me that I will win at least one game while I am here. And I will, if I get him very very drunk, or else spike his wine with sleeping pills.

Okay class today - movement... I'm liking it more and more today we looked at creating a human tower and generally climbing all over each, I nearly killed Dan when I tried to stand on his legs, serves him right for being late to class a couple of times.
I asked Claude today whether we were working towards falls and trips, I'm not sure that he understood 100% but I got a positive "Oui, oui" either way.

Jeu

Very good today. Explored the feeling of Major & minor with a ball exercise. I felt a huge rush of pleasure as it was my turn to be in major.
"Mummy! Daddy. I'm on stage and I'm in major, I'm the king of the stage, here in Etampes..."
Monsieur asked me to walk back, I guess this was to take more of the space, to own the stage. It's what we have to do, love being everywhere on it. What occurred to me about Le Jeu is that so far it has not been about character or acting or even performing.
Non!
This is work for the spirit of the actor, the spirit of each of us who dreams of working in this beautiful profession, that is so often polluted with the poison of cynicism.

Work on others, a song to soften the bad boy, another to breathe life into someone who hides, and the lesson, we can wear ourselves however we want in the outside world but in the land of dreams that is the theatre we have to be open and show our beautiful soul and not hide in the costume that we wear to go out to buy cigarettes or fish, the beautiful open soul is what the stage requires for when we show our beauty we inspire it in others, even if only for the life of the play.
But what a beautiful thing to share, non?

Clown
Today we went horse riding, ice skating and rock and roll dancing, all with no knowledge of what any of them were.
The idiot who has pleasure to try to convince the audience that he is the next Nuyev even though he doesn't know who Nuryev is.
I must have written the word pleasure about 20 times in 2 hours, the idiot who shows his pleasure after doing something stupid, this is the clown. The pleasure to be with the family, who looks for the King of Sweden in the audience thinking he will get the nobel prize for rock and roll.
And if you don't understand any of this, don't worry, neither does the clown.

No comments:

Post a Comment