Wednesday, November 2, 2011

A postcard home

Hi all,
Just been checking facebook and have seen the photos my brother posted of my Nana's 85th birthday in Summer and am feeling a little nostalgic for family, I truly hope all this training leads to something.
Am reminded of a conversation I had with my Grandad a few weeks back where he basically said that he loved me but that he wanted to see what all this was leading too.
I understand why he says this, he is from a generation that got a job for life, in fact when he was my age he had 3 kids, a wife and a steady job and 20 something years down the line he retired.
And me?
I'm 33, back in school praying that when I leave my career finally kicks off and like so many of us I want to prove to something to my nearest and dearest, to say;
Hey.
Look.
Look at what I did.
Look what I made.
Look at the smiles on the faces of all these people.
Grandad, look. I did that. Me and my friends up here on stage.
Do you see them Grandad?
They all paid their hard earned money to come and watch us.
Do you hear them shouting and clapping?
That's because they love us.
Do you see them Grandad?
Do you?

And this is a big part of Le Jeu, the pleasure to play in major, for Mummy, Daddy, Nana and Grandad and all the audience.
Playing to be loved.

To be here at school with Monsieur's guidance is to explore how we can be beautiful and how to be loved by the audience.

I haven't found it yet, but then if this problem were solvable in 3 weeks then there wouldn't be any need for 2 yeqrs of school.

I hope to show you, one day, Grandad how all this time and money and effort has paid off.

One day.

I just hope you are around to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment